Re: [ft] Non-antialiased Tahoma font problem

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Non-antialiased Tahoma font problem
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 10:40:47 +0200 (CEST)

> Hi, I use Tahoma font size 8 non-antialiased but in italic fonts
> this view ugly (snapshot of K3B attached). In normal font this view
> how in Windows.  This is a general problem ?

This is not a font problem, this is a bug in the font handling engine
you are using, or bad configuration settings for this particular font.

Reason: Fonts of the `tahoma' family contain a `gasp' table which says
that at resolutions <= 8ppem the glyphs should be rendered
anti-aliased, without grid-fitting (this is, without applying hinting
instructions).  As can be clearly seen, this is not the case in your
image.

    Werner