Re: [ft] Errors when compiling freetype 2.3.5 on tru64 5.1b

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Errors when compiling freetype 2.3.5 on tru64 5.1b
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 21:15:42 +0200 (CEST)

> I get many errors when compiling freetype 2.3.5 on tru64 5.1b:
>
> /usr/local/freetype2/freetype-2.3.5/objs/.libs/ftsystem.o
> cc: Error:
> /usr/local/freetype2/freetype-2.3.5/include/freetype/internal/ftdebug.h,
> line 116: In this declaration, "FT_Int" appears to be used as if it named a
> type, but there is no declared type of that name visible. (typedefnotdef)
>   FT_BASE( FT_Int )
>

> The configure command I used was:
>
> CC="cc" CFLAGS="-O4 -g3 -pthread" \
> CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib" \

It's not clear to me why you add the `-L' switch to CPPFLAGS...

> LIBS="-L/usr/local/lib" \
> INCLUDES="-I/usr/local/include" \

This isn't needed since you use the configure script.

> GNUMAKE="/usr/local/bin/gmake" \
> ./configure --with-zlib=/usr/local
>
> I do have an older freetype1 installed in
> /usr/local/include/freetype but it doesn't seem to be the source of
> some collision.

Indeed.  The compiler says that it can't find a proper definition of
`FT_Int'.  Are you sure that your OS is properly supported by the
configure scripts?  It probably makes sense to install the latest
autoconf package and call `sh autogen.sh' to regenerate them.

    Werner