[ft] Beginner Questions

From: Patrick Rutkowski
Subject: [ft] Beginner Questions
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 09:40:35 -0400

Today I started reading the freetype tutorials and familiarizing myself with the docs.

I wrote a test app to render Courier New onto a square 64x64 texture to see if I could at least get the basics going. It all looked OK until I asked it to render a lower case 'j' which turned out way too wide; it has the same width as an 'x', which
I know can't be right. Here are two screen shots:

http://www.rutski89.com:31597/upload/x.png
http://www.rutski89.com:31597/upload/j.png

And here is the code:
http://rafb.net/p/0LCy6b23.html

The only bits worth looking at in that paste are the init_ft2() and
load_char() functions, as well as perhaps the call to
glTexImage2D().

If there are docs on this issue that I'm not seeing then feel free to let me
know (with spite, if you're that kind of person).

Thanks in advance for any help,
-Patrick