Re: [ft] font size error

From: Dave Calkins
Subject: Re: [ft] font size error
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 07:35:02 -0500

So for this case, I need to use 96 instead of 72 for the resolution.
Where do I input that value?
FT_Set_Char_Size

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Also, say the user chooses an arbitrary font family and point size.
Is there some check I can do to see which I should be using?  Or
should I just always be using 96 on Windows?
A DPI check?  I don't use Windows, and I have no idea how this works
in detail on that platform.

In your previous reply you indicated that "you are using the wrong resolution. Windows uses 96dpi by default,
and 8pt at 96dpi is available in `sserife.fon'.".

I was just trying to better understand that statement. What do you mean by it using 96dpi by default? Was that statement just specific to that font? Just hoping there's an easy way to get font face X and point size Y :)