Re: [ft] anti-aliasing question

From: Dave Calkins
Subject: Re: [ft] anti-aliasing question
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 12:38:05 -0500

On 1/28/2010 11:22 AM, Massimo DZ8 wrote:
Dave Calkins ha scritto:
I downloaded the demo file, however, I'm building on Windows with VC++ 2005, so its not gonna be easy to build and run the demo. Can you point me to where in the source to find the anti-aliasing control?
ftview.c
I have to correct myself however, the degree of control is nowhere as I recalled; it seems to be related to LCD filtering more than anything else, but description strings are
"use normal anti-aliased rendering"
and
"use light anti-aliased rendering"
probably not the best description strings around...

From looking through the demo source (thanks for pointing me to ftview.c and the desc strings!), I've found the below.

- When calling FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap, you can pass in FT_RENDER_MODE_NORMAL or FT_RENDER_MODE_LIGHT.

- When calling FT_Load_Glyph, you can pass in FT_LOAD_TARGET_NORMAL or FT_LOAD_TARGET_LIGHT.

- When calling FT_Render_Glyph, it takes a flags argument which looks like it could include one of the above FT_RENDER_ flags, but ftdiff only ever passes in FT_RENDER_MODE_NORMAL.

My next step is to figure out which one of the above APIs is used by FreeTypeGL for OpenGL rendering and try and experiment with the flags to see what happens.

This is definitely progress though :)