Re: [ft] anti-aliasing question

From: Dave Calkins
Subject: Re: [ft] anti-aliasing question
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 16:23:06 -0500

I checked the FreeTypeGL source and it looks like its passing in the below values.

    For FT_Load_Glyph, FT_LOAD_NO_HINTING | FT_LOAD_NO_BITMAP

    For FT_Render_Glyph, FT_RENDER_MODE_NORMAL

Experimenting with these hasn't seemed to have any effect on the amount of smoothing (whether anti-aliasing or a result of hinting).

Basically I guess I'd like fewer gray pixels :) Not sure how to get that result.

Still haven't found the answer to this. However, if I'm correct in saying that FreeType is generating a grayscale rendering of the glyph using anti-aliasing, then is there some way to control how much anti-aliasing FreeType applies when its rendering the glyph?