Re: [ft] height of the glyph

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] height of the glyph
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 22:18:42 +0100 (CET)

> Is Width and height of the glyph is correct if i do the following??

No.  You can't get the exact width and height of a glyph at a specific
DPI using the bounding box (to be more precise, if the DPI is smaller
than the font's `units per em' value, used by the font designer to
create the glyph).

> Is it the right way of getting the exact width and height? or is
> there any other way or API in freetype to get these values?

Guess what: You have to render the glyph, then you can extract the
width and height from the FT_Bitmap structure.

> How does it work for a Space char in a string?? can we move it by
> advance X width???

Yes.

    Werner