Re: [ft] Bengali font not rendering the same as other applications

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [ft] Bengali font not rendering the same as other applications
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 05:31:39 +0900

Hi,

If you mean that an isolated glyph is differently rendered,
please post more detailed info (which font, which glyph, etc,
some screen shots are appreciated).

But if you mean that a string (including multiple glyphs)
is differently rendered, it would not be because of FreeType.
FreeType does not provide the complex text layout for Brahmic,
Arabic, Hebrew, etc, so giving Unicode string to FreeType
is insufficient to render the Unicode text.

Regards,
mpsuzuki