[ft] Does FT_Done_FreeType() call FT_Done_Face() on all open faces?

From: Andreas Falkenhahn
Subject: [ft] Does FT_Done_FreeType() call FT_Done_Face() on all open faces?
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 18:24:08 +0200

The documentation of FT_Done_FreeType() says:

    Destroy a given FreeType library object and all of its children,
    including resources, drivers, faces, sizes, etc.

So let's suppose there is a sloppy program which doesn't call FT_Done_Face()
on every face it opened using FT_New_Face(). Will FT_Done_FreeType()
automatically call FT_Done_Face() for every face still open in that case?

From my observations this doesn't seem to be the case with a snapshot
version of freetype 2.5.4 currently used by me although the doc makes it
sound like it will do it.

The way this causes trouble in my app is that my app calls FT_New_Face()
with a temporary *.ttf file. After calling FT_Done_FreeType() the app
tries to delete this temporary *.ttf file but that doesn't work because
fclose() hasn't been called on the temporary file because FT_Done_FreeType()
doesn't seem to call FT_Done_Face() on the face although the docs sounds
like it should do that.

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                          mailto:address@hidden