fsfc-discuss

Re: [fsfc-discuss] A first time hello

From: Blaise Alleyne
Subject: Re: [fsfc-discuss] A first time hello
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 15:14:55 -0500

Russell McOrmond wrote:
Fran�cois Gagnon wrote:
I think you have a point : Basically, we don't need an organization itself, but we need the action. We need to attract people and create links between them.

Even if we became a Canadian advisory council to the FSF, this would be a major step forward from what we have currently.

I agree. Even just a Canadian spin or Canadian arm to some of the FSF campaigns could be a start. For example, they've just launched the End Software Patents campaign. I hear a ton about US Patent Law, and even the issue of software patents in the European Union, but I know next to nothing about the Canadian law in this respect.

Adding a Canadian component to existing campaigns could be a start. It's something that might be easier to do to get the ball rolling, before creating and launching any of our own unique initiatives.