fsfc-discuss

Re: [fsfc-discuss] After some thought

From: David Henry
Subject: Re: [fsfc-discuss] After some thought
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 21:18:58 -0500

On Wed, 2008-02-04 at 19:49 -0400, Russell McOrmond wrote:
> ... we need to be ready.
>
>    Check out http://digital-copyright.ca for ongoing analysis.    As
> I'm
> the host, it often focuses on Free Software angles to Canadian legal
> issues.
>
>    Specifically read the notes about the study that Industry
> committee
> is looking for submissions for -- I include links to my draft
> submission.

Agreed.  And thanks for the link to remind me where to start.

For the article that provides links to your draft submission, I assume
you mean this one?:
http://www.digital-copyright.ca/node/4595

The April 18 submission deadline is close enough to justify bumping this
forward on 'my stove'.  Front burners are always on.

I've been pondering an article which I could probably retarget easily
enough.  Will try to get some scoping done on Friday, and otherwise
prepare to spread the word.

More generally, I think FSF-C would naturally rely on organizations like
Digital Copyright Canada to lean on for this set of issues.  Hopefully
some of us *can* jump up and get noisy in support.

All the very good things, while there is still time,
David Henry