fsfe-france

[Fsfe-france] Software Patents Agenda

From: loic
Subject: [Fsfe-france] Software Patents Agenda
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 12:42:39 +0200

PILCH Hartmut writes:

 > >    Hi,
 > >
 > >    I'd like to contribute a calendar of past and future events
 > > related to Software Patents to petition.eurolinux.org. I wanted this
 > > information and could not find it on the website.
 >
 > Great idea!
 >
 > >    I'll start doing this right away but wanted to send you a
 > > note in case something similar was on the way.
 >
 > Someone on the cc-ed lists has been planning to produce a card game with
 > some nice swpat pictures.  But it seems he didn't get very far yet.

        I should have not said calendar but agenda :-) Here is the
first draft I produced:

http://www.fsfeurope.org/drafts/patents.en.html

        The XML source is at

http://www.fsfeurope.org/drafts/patents-agenda.en.xml

        I have a few questions related to this:

        - Except for the 1st september 2001 milestone, I was not
          able to find out what are the next events that should be
          watched. Could you point me to a document that list them ?

        - I've not been able to spot documents related to lobbying
          activity except: petition, consultation, jp smets reports
          (where can I find an history of what happened with this
           document ?). Anyone could, in theory, get an appointment
          with EU officials on the subject of Software Patents. Did
          someone do that ? Where can I find a history of such lobbying
          activity.

        - How can I integrate the agenda I built into petition.eurolinux.org ?
          Is it desirable, useless, too complex, not important ?

        - I found here and there references to official positions
          taken by european governments on the subject of Software Patents
          but I could not find pointers giving proofs of such positions.
          Could you point to a specific document ?

        Cheers,