Re: [Fsfe-freedom] The 4 freedoms

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-freedom] The 4 freedoms
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 00:09:47 +0200

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jo=E3o?= Miguel Neves writes:
 > As I see them the 4 freedoms mean
 > 1) freedom to use the software for anything we want.
 > 2) freedom to adapt the software to what we want.
 > 3) freedom to share the software with others.
 > 4) freedom to share the adapted software with others.

        We usually say that one of the freedom is to be able to study
the software (which requires access to the source code). The other
freedoms (shortly: use, modify, copy) are nicely written :-)

        Could you send me the four freedoms including the one I suggested
above ? I'll then add you to the page.

        Take care,