fsfe-newsfr-en

[Fsfe-newsfr-en] FSF France news 28/06/2001

From: fsfe-newsfr-en-admin
Subject: [Fsfe-newsfr-en] FSF France news 28/06/2001
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 23:16:20 +0200

Hello.

Here are the news from FSF France on 28/06/2001.

News FSF France in text (see attachment for HTML with links) :

|                       FSF France News                       |
|+-----------------------------------------------------------+|
||The GNU project and its contributors received the 2001     ||
||USENIX Lifetime Achievement Award.                         ||
||28 June 2001. The GNU project and its contributors received||
||the 2001 USENIX Lifetime Achievement Award. On behalf of   ||
||all GNU contributors, Robert J. Chassell accepted the award||
||at the 2001 USENIX Annual Technical Conference at the      ||
||Copley Marriott Hotel in Boston, MA, USA. A copy of the    ||
||acceptance speech, and a copy of the press conference      ||
||statements are available.                                  ||
|+-----------------------------------------------------------+|
||Press review: collect articles about Free Software         ||
||27 June 2001. The FSFE France launch an appeal for         ||
||contribution to collect articles about Free Software for   ||
||the FSF. What we are looking for are articles that say     ||
||something new; go into great depth about an aspect;        ||
||consider the wider social or legal meanings; give a good   ||
||overview of the subject; talk about the history in depth;  ||
||or other well-written pieces. Something that is just so-so ||
||or just says the same-old-thing would not really contribute||
||to our collection.                                         ||
|+-----------------------------------------------------------+|
||A software against software patents                        ||
||26 June 2001. Richard M. Stallman (President of the FSF)   ||
||and Jacques Le Marois (CEO of MandrakeSoft) met in Paris to||
||talk about software patents. Richard M. Stallman suggested ||
||to Jacques Le Marois that a detailed information about the ||
||dangers of software patents be displayed to every user of a||
||Mandrake distribution. The user would then be given the    ||
||choice to declare readiness to take part in some actions   ||
||against software patents.                                  ||

Regards,

--
Olivier BERGER - Secrétaire de l'association APRIL
APRIL (http://www.april.org) - Vive python (http://www.python.org)