Re: [Fsfe-uk] Free internet (technologically)

From: PFJ
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Free internet (technologically)
Date: 04 Jun 2003 14:52:50 +0100

Hi

> Are you sure about this?

Quite

> Got any good  pointers to read from the free software's point of view?

http://theregister.co.uk/content/7/30942.html

Last paragraph.

> I never understood anything about AOL works.

Haphazardly and installs lots of needless crap onto the computer
(creates a pile of virtual servers - typically means a reinstall should
something like the odd dll get corrupted as it takes hours to whittle
through the layers of junk)

>  Is it not that they have a
> customised netscape browser already.

I thought they had.

TTFN

Paul

--
Open your mind to a time where a company does not have control
Open your mind to a choice of applications which you can control