[Fsfe-uk] Possible Event

From: MJ Ray
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Possible Event
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 18:49:06 +0100

Hello everybody,

Someone emailed a large number of LUG contacts describing "a mass Linux event" that they hope to organise next summer. I spoke with them by telephone yesterday and found out that they are hoping for 3000 visitors at a venue in Northern England. They are open to using an inclusive name (maybe similar to FOSDEM's name?) and involvement of other free software projects, especially cross-platform ones. They would like us to create them a mailing list if we can (Alex?) to help co-ordinate the event.

They are particularly interested to know what stands and speakers you would like to see at the event, any speakers that we can offer, anyone who can help with promotion and any potential sponsors. It is very early planning yet (10 months away?).

I am interested in any comments you have about this, either on-list or off-list and what you think AFFS should do about it, all being well. Should we support this? Should we look to see whether we can run the next AFFSAC as part of this (might be too late date-wise though)? They will email me some more information in the next few days and I will forward. I think myself and Richard will be working on this, but I could be wrong.

E&OE
http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden