Re: [Fsfe-uk] BECTA discriminate against FLOSS?

From: Chris Croughton
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BECTA discriminate against FLOSS?
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 23:45:24 +0000

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 10:53:54PM +0000, Ramanan Selvaratnam wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-01-03 at 22:22, Chris Croughton wrote:
>
> > OK, in that way.  But I don't sell MS software (OK, I did buy it in the
> > case of Visual Basic, but that's because it is /the/ best GUI
> > development package in my opinion for what I want, no FLOSS equivalent
> > comes near it).
>
> Hmm, I hear VB is central to a plot to deny people's freedoms. Very much
> against any spirit of freedom, right?

The aliens told you about that plot, did they?  Better put the tinfoil
hat back on...

FWIW, I've found that the VB development community is just as friendly
as the Linux one, except without the perpetual chip-on-the-shoulder
about ideology.  Most of the VB programmers I've found write and publish
completely free code, not GPL pseudo-free.

Chris C