[Fsfe-uk] RMS: The Free Software Community After 20 Years

From: Robin Green
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] RMS: The Free Software Community After 20 Years
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 00:38:43 +0000

RMS looks back on 20 years of the Free Software movement and argues that
encouraging proprietary apps to port to Linux is bad for freedom:

http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=04/01/05/1146229

I take a more moderate view - it's been great for PR reasons, but the PR stage
is now over and there's no reason (in an ideal world!) to promote more
proprietary
software.

--
Robin

"it's FREE and we get the ability to modify the source code ourselves,
something that is extremely dangerous to do, was discredited decades ago..."
 - Howard Strauss writing in Syllabus magazine
  http://www.syllabus.com/article.asp?id=8460