[Fsfe-uk] Re: [centres] Free Libre Open Source Software WAS Overpriced,

From: Adam Moran
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [centres] Free Libre Open Source Software WAS Overpriced, overhyped, over here
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 13:58:45 +0000

Hi Tony, Hi Centres,

Tony Slatcher wrote:
[Linux] All good stuff when viewed from the reality free zone that is
Observerworld.

I manage and produce http://mkdoc.com/, the software which runs your web site http://www.helpisathand.gov.uk/. Some of you will know me from the web steering group.

I've been following this debate with some interest. I am also on the [Free Software Foundation Europe : uk] email list where this topic has been the subject of hot discussion since early December. [1] I have copied-in this list for their information.

Tony Slatcher wrote:
If Becta saved £46 million over three years/reduced schools expenditure
on Microsoft packages by between 20% to 37% then well done them ...