Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [centres] Re: Free Libre Open Source Software

From: Tom Coady
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [centres] Re: Free Libre Open Source Software
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 13:09:47 +0000

Angus Coull said the following on 11/01/2004 09:53:

Hello all,
I am running 3 UK Online centres in one of the regeneration areas of Southampton.

I have been asked to help in a community project that I visited yesterday in Brighton. I noticed that the young people seemed to be prematurely "hooked" on MS's hotmail and messenger. While I know hotmail works fine with FLOSS clients, I have not tried using GAIM or similar as I have never felt the desire to use this IM thingie. Hopefully this question is not too far OT, but can anyone confirm that IM clients still work on linux desktops since the changes were made to the messenger protocol?