[Fsfe-uk] First Contact WAS General Need for Linux Training

From: Adam Moran
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] First Contact WAS General Need for Linux Training
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 02:47:32 +0000

Hi Centres, Hi List

Martin Wheeler [fsfe-uk] wrote:

In my experience, many [centres] have heard about alternatives to MS,
are interested; and are desperate to find someone -- anyone -- who can
*really* show them where it's all at with Linux.
They just have one hell of a hard time finding that first contact, is
all.

I know this is true of a few centres; I am aware though that many centres have severe funding pressures and are their thoughts are confined to these activities.

First Contact

How would I compile a list of Linux support teams ? I'm not on any Linux User Groups email lists but my guess there are quite a few people in these who would be on for helping ?

Also, I'd guess there are quite a few people on the Indymedia who would go on it ? Any suggestions ?

Would the centres find this information useful ? What categories of help would be required ?

--
Adam