Re: [Fsfe-uk] Bill Gates to get a knighthood?

From: Paul
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Bill Gates to get a knighthood?
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:06:06 +0000

Hi,

> I would rather we all spend time productively working on
> free software, campaigning against dodgy decisions on patenting and
> using the benefits it brings to highlight Gates's basic errors.

Definately, but with Palladium, DRM and all the other crap Gates has
come up with in order to protect his monopoly (remember, MS still hasn't
complied even nearly fully with the DoJ rulings yet), surely campaining
against awarding knighthoods to those with a vested interest in
destroying free software and innovation is the sort of thing which would
be a good use of time?

> Please play the ball, not the man. If Gates does eradicate spam and
> viruses properly within two years, like he said on the news today,
> without removing yet more freedom, maybe he should have a knighthood.
> ;-)

Hey looky folks - them pigs's is flying agin ahuyuk ahuyuk. Maaa, get me
that thar shootin' iron....

I personally believe that it's not in Gates interests to do either, what
with his antivirus software (formerly called Windows Outdate) and
antispam software (formerly called Open relays in Windows servers by
default) coming on stream....

TTFN

Paul
--