[Fsfe-uk] UK Govt. OSS Policy v2

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] UK Govt. OSS Policy v2
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:58:19 +0100

Hi guys.

Many of you will be familiar with the UK Government policy on the use of
"open source" software. Version 1 is published here:

http://www.govtalk.gov.uk/policydocs/consult_subject_document.asp?docnum=780

Earlier this year there was a round of discussions about the next
version of this policy, and there is now a redraft of the proposed
version 2. This is open for comments until 17th September, which gives
us all plenty of time to respond. There are some interesting new
features of this policy, but I'm not sure how much I can say about it -
I've been told we cannot redistribute the redraft.

If you want to get hold of this new redraft, please e-mail me personally
and I will tell you what to do and who to contact.

Cheers,

Alex.