Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [affs-project] ideas etc

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [affs-project] ideas etc
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 11:48:25 +0100

On 2004-09-07 09:32:46 +0100 address@hidden wrote:

[...] One other thought would be giving away copies
of Free software, does the OpenCD project have a stand yet?

I don't know and couldn't see it on their site. I have sent a short message. Would the OpenCD be appropriate, with the OSI logo emblazoned on everything?

Also can you
explain more of what you mean for the final 2 items on the list? they would be something that would require more work than all of the above.

Researching new trends: this could be planned and structured data collection if we have some ideas about the trends that we are interested in; or it could be data gathering on some general topic in the hope that we can identify some emerging trend and verify it later.

Trying to find deals: look for other people who are at the fair and can give us things we want, maybe in exchange for something we have.

I'm not sure that they require more work at the event, but they do need a bit more thought and planning beforehand, to avoid stumbling into wasted effort.

I don't think we have enough resources for "all of the above" (but I'd be happy to find that I'm wrong: for example, if we have over 30 person-days of time on offer, that should cover it), so we need to prioritise them. If we can't do that on-list, AFFS should hold a real or virtual meeting of interested people.

Please email about: BT alternative for line rental+DSL;
Education on SMEs+EU FP6; office filing that works fast