Re: [Fsfe-uk] OSS Pol. v2 and other stuff

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] OSS Pol. v2 and other stuff
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 16:58:38 +0100

Hi Graham,

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 13:56 +0100, graham wrote:
> At the risk of starting an endless license discussion, I  think that
> the phrase:
>
> <quote>"copyleft": where rights are reserved for the end user, not the
> author.</quote>
>
> might be liable to malicious misinterpretation (the author does
> reserve rights under general copyright law, including the right to
> make available under different licenses - the phrase might be used to
> suggest that using copyleft is equivalent to the author giving up all
> rights).

Yeah, it could definitely be worded better. I'll have another go which
is more accurate; I was just trying too hard to not say that their
definition of "open source" is seemed to be based on looking only at the
GNU GPL.

> Rest seems pretty good so far :-)

Thanks, I think yours is the first feedback I've received - pat on the
back :o)

Cheers,

Alex.