Re: [Fsfe-uk] Peruvian Case for Free Software

From: Lee Braiden
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Peruvian Case for Free Software
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:35:46 +0100

On Wednesday 15 Sep 2004 23:17, Dinis Cruz wrote:
> "What is the current status of the action by the Peruvian Senator regarding
> his proposed law concerning the use of free software by the state?"
> (http://open.egov.org.uk/index.php/Letter_to_Microsoft)

Best I've found is the summary page from GNU's Peru division.  This long link
is for google's translation:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gnu.org.pe%2Fproleyap.html&langpair=es%7Cen&hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&c2coff=1&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

or, the original:

http://www.gnu.org.pe/proleyap.html

It seems to be an on-going process, and Microsoft seem to have wormed their
way into the educational system through (a number of?) payouts $~500,000 made
by Gates himself, in person.  This page (another translation), seems to cover
it closely:

http://216.239.37.104/translate_c?hl=en&langpair=es%7Cen&u=http://www.vialibre.org.ar/index.php/article/archive/6/&prev=/language_tools

> Dinis Cruz
> .Net Security Consultant

That sounds like a painful, painful job ;)

--
Lee Braiden