Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS workings

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS workings
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 21:56:28 +0100

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 20:46 +0100, Adam Bower wrote:
> I guess that another problem with opening the list is that we often do
> the review of the newsletters etc. on the list, this would mean that by
> the time the newsletter came out it would no longer be news ;)

Well, to be honest, if people are going to read it, they should expect
the surprise to be spoiled :)

There are more important problems - most specifically not making
available people's PRs before they release them. There has to be a
non-public list; that's a requisite for other parties to trust AFFS
(unless we decide that we don't care about other parties... :)

I think affs-ctte isn't really going to change usage much because it's
quite ingrained; but maybe the answer is that we open affs-ctte, start
an affs-private and hope that the majority of discussion continues on
ctte?

I don't really care, I think, if people subscribe to -ctte and
participate. I'm not sure what AFFS ctte would think about this whole
idea, though :)

Just as a straw poll: do others think this is worth pushing? (savs, your
vote is implicit ;)

Cheers,

Alex.