[Fsfe-uk] Administrivia: Spamcop bounces considered harmful

From: MJ Ray
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Administrivia: Spamcop bounces considered harmful
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:48:51 +0000

Spamcop has blacklisted lists.gnu.org and some dumb mailservers
are bouncing messages (mostly Alex Hudson's totally non-spammy
ones AFAICT). So, I have unsubscribed Alexandre Dulaunoy, Pablo
Hoertner and Illtud Daniel, who each bounced several. This
message will be sent to them directly, but may bounce, so if you
know them another way, please tell them: they are very welcome
to resubscribe when their mailserver stops bouncing our emails.

Please, if you use blacklists to bounce email, either whitelist
your mailing lists or at least require more than one match.
In particular, Spamcop seems very trigger-happy and doesn't
provide precise enough reasons for many of its blacklistings.
I'd expect handling all the spamcop bounces to be contributing
to the current lists.gnu.org slowness.

We now return you to your normal discussions,
--
MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/  irc.oftc.net/slef  Jabber/SIP ask