Re: [Fsfe-uk] Karoshi 5.0

From: Chris Lale
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Karoshi 5.0
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 08:46:51 +0000

linuxgirlie wrote:

Hi,

I don't think that I explained what Karoshi is very well, so am I re-posting an explanation I have just sent to the Edubuntu mailing list, sorry if anyone is on both and sees this as a double-post...also thanks for all the ideas and thoughts, I am still working on the website, so hopefully it will start to make more sense soon.

I notice that your home page states that your software is copyright under the GPL licence, but in "Why Choose Karoshi?" you say that the software will remain in the public domain. It is my understanding that public domain implies a lack of copyright (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Domain). This is something you may wish to clarify. Perhaps you mean that "The Karoshi Project will always be Free software"?

Hth,
Chris.