[Fsfe-uk] BBC trial of embedded Flash video

From: David M
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] BBC trial of embedded Flash video
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 18:36:22 +0100

The BBC is trialling embedded video in BBC News webpages, using the Flash plugin as the delivery method.

In a shrewd move, one of the first articles to feature these is a tech-related news article. If you (can) view the video clip, you are then offered the option to comment on it and sign up for a research panel if you wish.

I suggested in my response that ideally using an open-source video delivery format would be the best solution, but from my personally 'realo' perspective, it's actually quite nice, a definite improvement on the cumbersome pop-up "BBC News Player".

David.