[Fsfe-uk] Introducing OSS Watch

From: Ross Gardler
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Introducing OSS Watch
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 16:07:18 +0100

Thanks to Andrew who drew my attention to the message from Jon Grant re the OSS Watch newsletter. We've fixed the dodgy email link (ooops), it should be info <at> oss-watch.ac.uk

Since Jon has never heard of us I imagine others here are in the same position. So I thought I'd introduce us.

We are an advisory service to the UK Higher and Further education sector on all things Free and Open Source. That is we advise on legal issues, procurement and software development. For more information see http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk/about/

Our relationship with FSFE and FSFE-UK is not as strong as it could be. Last year we updated our advisory committee and invited Phil Hands to represent the Free Software point of view. My understanding that Phil is a member of FSFE-UK. Unfortunately Phil has been unable to participate in any of our three advisory meetings to date.

For more information about our advisory committee see http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk/advisory/membership.xml

I'm now subscribed to this list and I see it is fairly low traffic so I might even stay subscribed. I look forward to seeking opportunities for positive collaboration.

Ross

--
address@hidden
@rgardler