fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] *Not* iplayer - much worse - BBC+ITV+Channel 4

From: Matthew Edmondson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] *Not* iplayer - much worse - BBC+ITV+Channel 4
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 07:43:58 +0000

> "The BBC, ITV and Channel 4 are to launch a joint on-demand service,
> which will bring together hundreds of hours of television programmes
> in one place."
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7114694.stm
>
> Yes you are thinking what I'm thinking; iplayer is one thing.
> Propeitry, DRM, Lock-in online TV is another.
>
> We *NEED* to act on this.

> > Fsuk-Manchester is one of the largest groups of Free Software
> > supporters in the country, what does the message of sitting on our
> > arses and not doing anything send out?
>
> Good point, but I don't have the answer.
>
> You decide.
Maybe we should seek the help of M15?

http://www.uploadgeek.com/uploads456/0/spooks.png

--
Matthew Edmondson                                       address@hidden
Consultant                                                      www.M6-IT.org

Sustainable Third Sector IT solutions. PRINCE2[TM] Project Management
Web services * Back-ups * Support * Training & Certification * E-Mail

M6-IT is a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee.
Registered in England & Wales,               Registration No: 6040154
11 St Marks Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9 7DT

Northern Office: 4, Hollins Green, Bradwall, Cheshire, CW10 0LA.

Welsh office/Swyddfa Gogledd Cymru: e-mail / e-bost - address@hidden