fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] killed by silent decent

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] killed by silent decent
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:54:04 +0000

Dave, while I appreciate your opinion, I would suggeste that
expressing yourself like that is neither productive nor polite.

Peter, I think you could have phrased that email in a less provocative
manner; as Ian pointed out we all have stuff we have to do, and I for
one was in Poland until Sunday, with very limited internet access.
In general, lack of replies means one should try talking to the other
end of the fish. I have tired to start countless debates on
fsuk-manchester about iplayer and had no success. Berating the people
you want to help you, in general isn't the best way to go about
getting something done.

I would suggest that we have a calm, measured conversation this
evening, rather than throwing emails at lists with no regard for the
effect.

Everyone who wants to come to FSUK-Manchester is welcome, and there is
really no need to let little things fracture our fragile community
more that it already is.

Peter, the issues, you put forward about transparency are totally
understandable and we are hoping to have a chat about them tonight, if
you would feel comfortable attending.

Then would also be a good time to discuss futuresonic, and the
upcoming visit by RMS to Manchester in my opinion.

Hope to see you all this evening,

Tim