fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Time for Actions

From: Andy Halsall
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Time for Actions
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 19:12:58 +0000

On Tuesday 25 March 2008 19:04:10 Simon Ward wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 06:50:03PM +0000, Andy Halsall wrote:
> > 2) As per the Actions listed above and the discussion previously
> > regarding group affiliations I would suggest that the list of actions and
> > any information about how complete or not they are be moved onto
> > mancester.fsuk.org ASAP - there is also rather a lot of other stuff that
>
> Is there anything wrong with doing more organisational stuff on the
> groups.fsf.org wiki, and keeping the manchester.fsuk.org site as a site
> more intended for “public facing” information (I didn’t know how to put
> that given that the wiki is public too)?

Not at all, The only reason I would suggest using the fsuk.org domain is
consistency and control (assuming we have any).  From an organisational
standpoint it also gives one degree of separation from the FSF, but then as
the facility is there I see no inherent problem in using it.

> > 4) The info that we are collecting and using to carry out these actions
> > needs to be pooled - if someone drops out we don't want to be starting
> > again, we probably need a secure and non-public way of doing that-
> > especially if we are dealing with peoples/orgs non public contact
> > details, in addition to a public one (for suggestions etc..).
>
> Is Savannah suitable for this?  (I have no experience with it.)  The
> list is on nongnu.org…

Good question, my thought would be yes as you can control access to your
projects and resources, the question would be who else has access to the data
and whether we want to use savannah or set something up ourselves...