fsuk-manchester

[Fsuk-manchester] Domain Names

From: Simon Ward
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Domain Names
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 22:42:51 +0100

As per the hosting issues brought up at the April meeting[1], we would like
to move things so they are in the control of active members of the
group.

[1]:
http://groups.fsf.org/index.php/Manchester/2008-04-15/Minutes#Any_other_business

The domain used for the current site is registered by Matt Lee, and
there have been significant delays before changes can be made.  To
resolve this, we decided it would be better to just register another
domain, and one that could be used for other free software groups too.

A couple of suggestions were:

  * ukfsg.org
  * fsug.org

Under these, the Manchester Free Software group would have a
“manchester” sub‐domain.

Other suggestions are welcome.  We would like to start moving things
pretty soon, ideally having decided upon and purchased the domain by
this time next week.

Simon
simple system that works.
    — John Gaule