fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Domain Names

From: Andy Halsall
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Domain Names
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 00:40:11 +0100

> Argh. Personally, domains which m/^.*uk.*\.(com|net|org)$/ make me want
> to tear my eyes out, I'd much rather have a .org.uk which doesn't
> contain "uk" in the name.

Ha

I find it handy occasionally because (when used at the end, as it should be)
at least UK organisations can have pronouncable acronyms (unlike the poor
Dutch or the evil french...) even if they all rhyme with duck....

Also I tend agree with tdobson about org.uk's. I like them in principal but in
reality.... not so much.  I cant justify that though, I find them and .es
domains dubious for no good reason at all....