fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Domain Names

From: Lucy
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Domain Names
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:35:29 +0100

2008/4/22 Tim Dobson <address@hidden>:
> Lucy wrote:
>
> > Rather than creating yet another split in what is already a very small
> > niche, would it not be better to do what we can to keep our group
> > together with fsuk?
> >

>  Well said! We are currently a relatively small group and obviously we
> should be careful to avoid further fragmentation.
>  In terms of the fsuk.org domain, I would love for Manchester Free Software
> group to be come engaged with Libre Planet (was FSUK), however I feel that
> we would be well suited to having a loose and open association with Libre
> Planet(was FSUK), whilst hosting our own resources.
>
>  I would suggest that by having our own domain, fsug.org, we would strive to
> alleviate any issues

We seem to have good control over the manchester.fsuk.org domain and
it sounds like we would be able to operate independently of both Matt
and the FSF. So I would still say that at this time there is no need
to create another domain and that doing so could create unnecessary
confusion and complexity. Also, having fsuk.org in the control of the
FSF (as apposed to any one individual) seems like a really good
solution and should be much better for when other uk groups are
formed.