fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] I'd encourage more people to stand as chairperson

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] I'd encourage more people to stand as chairperson
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 22:09:59 +0100

Simon Ward wrote:
On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 08:32:19AM +0100, Lucy wrote:
On 23/04/2008, Matt Lee <address@hidden> wrote:
I think Simon would be great for the job, and in my mind the only
 candidate currently standing. In order for this to be more of an
 interesting situation, I'd like to see more people stand.
I'd actually consider this a very unhelpful statement to make and is
quite insulting towards Tim. The request for nominations has now
closed, so I would suggest that we concentrate on making the elections

Any personal opinions people have about the
ability of the candidates should probably be kept to themselves.

On the contrary, I think candidates abilities _should_ be discussed.  I
suspect many here don’t know either me or Tim, and to make a reasonable
choice the discussion is useful.

What isn’t useful is saying “X is a good choice” without providing
reasoning.

Well put Simon!
The difference is subtle, yet distinct.

I agree here. Many people have had little interaction with Me or Simon.
I would welcome any constructive discussion or queries about the abilities of either candidate.

If anyone has any questions they wish to ask me, feel free to do so, on or offlist.

Tim

--

Moving Things Forward

--