fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] IRC Channel

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] IRC Channel
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:19:17 +0100

MJ Ray wrote:
Noah Slater <address@hidden> wrote:
You had operator status because you always _do_ in the channels you run and the
person in question was quite rightly pointing out that this goes against the
Freenode channel guidelines. [1]

The advocacy of secret power is yet another reason to avoid Freenode.

There is a subtle difference, in my opinion, between:

"Secret power";

Not being opped, but people knowing you having the ability to do so;

Kicking people for asking them why they are opped.

Tim

--
www.tdobson.net
----