fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Ubuntu !free

From: Dave Crossland
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Ubuntu !free
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 00:38:51 +0100

2008/5/3 Tim Dobson <address@hidden>:

> The trick, which is quite difficult, is to try and be friendly with someone
> and explain it to them or ask them whether they have [insert small step
> towards freedom] yet?
>
> I don't think it is at all easy, but it is really important to remain calm,
> measured and unemotional at all times, even if the other person is really
> laying into you. Raising your voice if the other person raises their voice
> is never helpful. :)

My "pressure" I meant constantly discussing the issues and continuing
to ask/remind people to take the next step towards software freedom.

I agree its important to be patient with people because it takes time
to understand the issues that software freedom addresses, and these
are issues that are not commonly discussed.

--
Regards,
Dave