fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Infopoint

From: Paul Waring
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Infopoint
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 21:58:06 +0100

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 05:19:25PM +0100, Lucy wrote:
> If this were to go ahead I'd be interested in helping out, although it
> looks like it could be a pain to get to. Anyone know if there's a tram
> stop nearby?

No, at least not for any sensible definition of 'nearby'. I used to be
responsible for the Infopoints and one of the reasons I stopped going
was because the buses didn't go that near (the one which goes past
didn't run on a Saturday from what I remember) and the nearest tram stop
is a fair walk, especially if you're carrying stuff for a stall. Having
said that, they were fun on the occasions where at least three
volunteers turned up, and we did give out an awful lot of Live CDs to
people, plus we got into the venue for free.

Paul

--
Paul Waring
http://www.pwaring.com