fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] The GPL and Principles

From: Dave Crossland
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] The GPL and Principles
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 10:39:38 +0200

2008/5/7 Noah Slater <address@hidden>:

> The first one is worth a read, but only to provide context for the second one
> which really hits the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned.

He seems overall naieve - "I don't believe that software has much
intrinsic worth" is a choice quote - and this would explain the gaping
omissions in his discussion.

For example, a crucial issue that he totally ignores, faced by
non-GPLv3 licensed programs, is Tivoisation.

I disagree with this - "the BSD-is-more-free argument is so obviously
a logical trick that I find the argument intellectually dishonest." -
but it made me lol :-)

--
Regards,
Dave