fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Social Meet at the start of the month?

From: Dave Page
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Social Meet at the start of the month?
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 10:17:51 +0100

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 12:14:17AM +0100, Simon Ward wrote:

> > pick a time to start the organisational meeting (7pm), and a format it

> 18:00 is much better for me on a normal day (17:00 is even better,
> that’s a compromise ☺), and allows a bit more time for your average
> 09:00-17:00 worker to get there than the 17:30 start.

Hmmm, I still think 18:00 is too early - I don't get out of work before
18:00 on most days, and if you don't work in the city centre, getting in
during rush hour can be problematic.

> If there’s not enough time for the meeting, given that we’ve stuck to
> about one hour (and gone over slightly), a more easily paced meeting
> covering the same items may last 1.5 to 2 hours.

I definitely think that we should stick to a fairly strict, fairly short
agenda, and avoid going over 1.5 hours - the difference is that it's not
as serious if we *do*.

I take on board people's suggestions of the Waterhouse. However, I'd
note that in my experience it can be difficult to grab a table for even
a small group of people...

Dave
--
Dave Page <address@hidden>