Re: [Fsuk-manchester] OpenStreetMap - Manchester Mapping Weekend, 25/26

From: Simon Ward
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] OpenStreetMap - Manchester Mapping Weekend, 25/26 October
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 12:06:23 +0100

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 08:17:22PM +0100, Simon Ward wrote:
> We have had Mapchester[1], but there is still plenty of mapping to do.
> There will be a second Manchester mapping party, sponsored by Cloud
> Made, running across the weekend of Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th October
> [1]: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Mapchester

The mapping weekend will be based from Marbella Café[1] on Newton Street
not too far from Piccadilly.

  Marbella Café
  2nd Floor
  Sunshine Studios
  52-54 Newton St
  M1 1ED

[1]: http://marbellacupcakes.com/

The aim is to map as much as possible towards the North and East of
Manchester, although you can really map anywhere you like.  If you fancy
doing a particular bit take a look at the cake[2] and put your name down
for a slice or two.

If you can’t make it to the event, you can help in the Virtual Mapping
Party by tracing any remaining Yahoo! aerial imagery.

Find more details on the Manchester Mapping Party wiki page[3].

[3]: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Manchester/Mapping_Party

Simon Ward
simple system that works.—John Gall