fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] RMS on Swedish Pirate Party vs Free Software

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] RMS on Swedish Pirate Party vs Free Software
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 00:30:12 +0100

Pater Mann wrote:
THe FSF may be deem it heresy to say
so and I certainly do not wish to be seen as a troll, especially in my
first post to this list, but if I as a company or an individual have
spent a lot of time and money developing a piece of software, why
should I then be forced to simply give it away? I can see no moral or
ethical imperative for doing so.

Welcome to the list!

Don't be afraid to present differing points of view :) - this is what interesting discussion stems from and one of the reasons this mailing list exists!

If everyone goes around agreeing with each other in their own microcosm of society, they can sometimes start to forget exactly why these things matter so discussion like this is really valuable - sometimes one does get moments where one thinks "umm, yeah I can see his point there".

Anyway, it'd be nice to see you at a meeting sometime if you are in the manchester area, please don't be afraid of coming over and saying "hi"! :)

Tim