fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] E-readers

From: Mark Reynolds
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] E-readers
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 20:18:16 +0000

Personally I'm waiting for the ASUS DR-570
www.engadget.com/.../asus-dr-570-color-e-book-reader-gets-detailed

there's also been buzz about a dual-screen ereader by Asus, allegedly
both will be out by the end of the year, though no dates yet that I
know of. I'd suggest a colour screen-otherwise reading ebooks like
House of Leaves just won't be the same, you'd also want it for
anything with illustrations.

A word of advice as the owner of a CyBook Gen3: try before you buy.
Mine has few buttons compared to some designs but it's really clunky
every time you want to change the page. Touch screens are IMHO a very
nice solution to this and make navigation quicker.