fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Michael's PGP Signature

From: Michael Dorrington
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Michael's PGP Signature
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 21:48:29 +0100

Simon Ward wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 06, 2010 at 10:11:40PM +0100, Andrew Gladwell wrote:
>
>> messages that none of us really needs to see.  On the other hand, it's
>> just the way Michael's software works and it cannot be changed […]
>
>> For those who receive each message as it comes it's probably not the
>> end of the world in any case.  But for those who, like myself,
>> receive the daily digest it might be a little intrusive.
>
> Some suggestions:
>
> 1) When signing email, use PGP/MIME wherever possible.

I will give using PGP/MIME a go. Unfortunately, in my mail setup it can
only be chosen every email, not global set, so I've got to remember to
tick it every time.

I have uploaded my public key to the public key server infrastructure so
 you can obtain my public key with:
gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 0xAAF8E3EF
Of course, how do you know that the key you receive is my key?

Regards,
Mike.