fsuk-manchester

[Fsuk-manchester] Day Against DRM in Manchester - Friday, May 4th, 2012

From: Michael Dorrington
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Day Against DRM in Manchester - Friday, May 4th, 2012
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 08:08:33 +0100

It is International Day Against DRM on Friday.
http://dayagainstdrm.org

DRM includes stopping you putting the Operating System you want on your
computer¹, see:
http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/secure-boot-vs-restricted-boot/statement

MFS are running a local event.  We are meeting at Madlab at 7pm *sharp*
(so don't be late) on Friday, May 4th, 2012.  We will have a brief
overview of DRM and then we will go out around Manchester campaigning
until about 9pm.  Then to the pub for discussion.

Hope to see you there,
Mike.
MFS Chair.

¹ Of course, it is always about who has the keys and so the control.