g-wrap-dev

Providing an API reference

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Providing an API reference
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:34:59 +0200

Hi,

I've started augmenting the doc with an API reference.  I believe that
this could complement what's already written since the doc is currently
closer to a tutorial than to a reference.

Writing an API reference may sound ambitious given the amount of work
there is to document everything, and given that parts of the API are
still in flux.  Anyway, my guess is that the most important parts of the
`-cg' API are relatively stable, and the high-level `wrap-' API will not
change much.

Given these (optimistic?) assumptions, I'm trying to document both the
high-level API (the `wrap-' interface) and the code-generation API (the
`-cg'), or at least the its most important parts---the rest can
hopefully easily be inferred once you've got a feel of how it works.
The point in documenting the code-generation interface is that it's what
makes G-Wrap so flexible compared to pure declarative wrapper
generators.

Everything is in my archive located at
http://www.laas.fr/~lcourtes/software/address@hidden , in
`g-wrap--devo--1.9.6--patch-9'.  Obviously, this is just the beginning
of the story...

I'd be glad to hear comments about what I've done so far.

Thanks,
Ludovic.