g-wrap-dev

Re: Compiling g-wrap-1.9.15

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: Compiling g-wrap-1.9.15
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 23:49:07 -0300

Hi Paul,

> My program uses guile-1.8 and guile-gtk.  The distros disapprove :-). So
> yes, I am trying to upgrade to guile-gnome.

Ok, if you follow the steps carefully, as described in INSTALL or on the web
pages,
it is easy to install:   pay attention to the special note about guile-cairo,
you must install from the source, not the tarball ...

You will be happier using Guile-2.0! If you are an emacs user, install geiser as
well, it really rocks!

> >     - what Guile version are you using?
> >             - 2.0.12 is the latest stable

> Yes, that.

Perfect!

> >     - if you are using the latest 2.0.12, and it still fails:
> >
> >             - double check your config.log and make sure everything is fine
> >             - if configure pass, could you try using gcc 4.9.x or 5.x
> > instead
> >               and see if it solves your problem

> So in doing that, I deleted everything, tried again and it worked cleanly.

Good to know!
Chers,
David